We receive many letters from the families we've served, thanking us for caring during their time of loss. Their words warm our hearts, and speak to you of our professionalism, compassion, and the true value of the services we provide.
See more kind comments from families or submit your own experience on Facebook, Yelp, or Google
See more kind comments from families or submit your own experience on Facebook, Yelp, or Google
- September 20, 2015 Dear Ken, I wanted to let you know that everything was wonderful today! Our family event could not of been more perfect! Both Laura and Darcy were very helpful and kind. The weather couldn't have been better planned. Many thanks to you for a business well run! Both my niece and sister-in-law mentioned they would put positive yelp reviews online for you. Thank you again. With much appreciation, Bill
- September 17, 2015 Hi Ken, I'm a little behind on this, but wanted to thank you and your team for the lovely experience my family and I had on August 29th. We scattered the ashes of my mom, uncle and grandmother and it was everything we hoped for and more. Your crew was warm and helpful so please extend our thanks to them as well. I know we will all cherish the memories of that day, as we do the memories of our loved ones! On behalf of myself and my family...thank you very much! Nanci
- September 04, 2013 Dear Ken & Anya, Just a note to thank you for being there for the S----- Family. We appreciated your sweet spirit Ken and the way you helped us fulfill Mom and Dad's wishes to physically embrace, for one more time, one of earth's most beautiful environments-Big Blue! Gosh, so many of our departed family members' earthly essence are now apart of that incredible blue-water treasure. During the memorial that day when we finally let go of J. and J's earthly remains, S and I certainly felt wrapped in the loving embrace of each of our family who had already crossed over. Thank you for your kindnesses and for sharing with us in one of life's most poignant experiences.
- February 21, 2015 A Great experience. The yacht was taken out to the 'burial at sea' site with the ashes of our loved one and accommodations along the way. Family members held our own 'memorial ritual' while the ashes were lowered in a basket into the ocean. As ashes were immersed under water, rose petals floated on the surface of the site, leaving a very pleasant special memory for us all. A lovely ending. Afterward within our allotted time, the Captain graciously took us on a tour of beautiful San Diego Bay. Captain also made upon our request, timely reservations at a local restaurant following our 'private Family services'. Would recommend Ashes on the Sea to anyone wanting a First Class experience for such an important event. A Perfect day, well done.
- July 19, 2014 Hello Anya We all just wanted to thank you for your wonderful service. We had a beautiful ceremony for my mom on July 19 out of Moss Landing, the captain and crew were respectful and helpful. The wreath in the ocean trailed by the scattered rose petals were beautiful. All of our hearts were lightened afterwards, as we said good-bye and watched the ashes merge with her beloved Pacific. Everything went perfectly, and even the wildlife co-operated. You may have heard that there was an unusual amount of humpback whale activity in Monterey Bay currently, and Moss Landing is at the center of it. Dozens of humpback whales were breaching, feeding, and otherwise giving a spectacular show very close to the boat: we felt they were welcoming our mom! It was a truly memorable sendoff. It was really nice not having to deal with details, you took care of everything I would recommend your services to anyone wanting a perfect farewell to a loved one. Thanks again K. D.
- May 16, 2014 Thank you for sending the Certificate for our sisters burial at sea. I have printed it out and am very pleased. All of you at Ashes on the Sea have been extremely helpful and made Evy's burial very nice and memorable. Thank you, Ken, Anya, Captain John and his wife, Sharon for all your expertise and help in burying Evy.
- March 14, 2014On behalf of our family, my brother and I wish to thank you for working with us on the sea scattering for our parents' ashes on March 3, 2014. All went well (except our tardiness, for which we so apologize and about which you were most gracious!) thanks to Ken and Diane. Should we have the opportunity in the future, we would definitely recommend your company to others. With our gratitude, Barbara S. and David K.
- February 23, 2104 Ken was a real good captain. He was our captain this past weekend and was very considerate and respectful. He was also very friendly and engaging. Since we were running ahead of schedule, Ken was nice enough to give us a quick tour of the harbor. When it was time to spread the ashes, he ensured it was done correctly and at the right time. There was one moment where he even adjusted the boat to provide shelter against the wind as we were lowering the ashes into the water. Often times it's the small gestures that make an experience perfect - Ken did just that. I would definitely recommend him for all those needing these services. Hikesh S. Downtown, San Diego, CA
- February 25, 2014 Very considerate and friendly. Ken brought flowers for us to scatter with the ashes. When we were done he even took us around and showed us dolphins and a whale. Highly recommend to anyone. Vishal P. San Diego, CA
- April 05, 2013 Me and my family were very pleased with the services provided by Captain Ken and ashes on the sea. My mothers last wishes were fulfilled today with a beautiful ceremony performed off the coast of Point Loma. Captain Ken was very professional and made this happen on a very short notice he took care of everything and we are very grateful for all that he and his team have done. I would highly recommend Ashes On The Sea to all who are wishing to be laid to rest at sea. Brian T. National City, CA
- September 12, 2012 I relied on Ashes On The Sea to help me scatter my wife's ashes near La Jolla, California, and I am completely satisfied with their service. Captain Ken was tactful, sensitive, and compassionate, and he good naturedly cooperated with all of my requests. Because of these things, an experience that might have been upsetting was instead deeply comforting. When I consider the other choices I might have made, I truly believe I was led to Ashes On The Sea. No other organization could have done a better job. I have already strongly recommended their services to the mortuary that cremated my wife's remains, and I will continue to recommend them to anyone who wants their loved one's ashes scattered with dignity and respect. J D C. Surprise, AZ
J D C
- June 18, 2012 My brother and I needed to fulfill the scattering request of an elderly San Diego aunt. We live out of state and were at a bit of a loss. However, we could not be more pleased to have found Ashes on the Sea. Long distance arrangements were easily made online. The "walk around" boat was perfectly comfortable for our small group of two. Captain Ken was careful to assess our needs, and his skill turned what could have been a difficult experience into what will remain a peaceful & pleasant memory. We were also able to take advantage of Ken's harbor tour. That was a fun bonus, and I can't think of anything my aunt would have wished for us to enjoy more in her memory-- a perfect ending. We could not be more pleased with how this worked out. Thank you very much, Ashes on the Sea. Carol H. Port Orford, OR
Carol H. Port Orford, OR
- August 08, 2012 Thank you for making it possible for me to scatter my wife's ashes near La Jolla on July 11. I am especially grateful for Captain Ken's tact, sensitivity, and compassion, and for his good natured cooperation with all of my requests. Because of these things, an experience that might have been upsetting was instead deeply comforting. So when I consider the other choices I might have made, I truly believe I was led to Ashes On The Sea. No other organization could have done a better job of helping me to fulfill my wife's wishes. I have already strongly recommended your services to the mortuary that cremated my wife's remains, and I will continue to recommend you to anyone who wants their loved one's ashes scattered with dignity and respect. Best regards, J.C.
- June 13, 2012 Captain Ken, Many thanks to you and Captain Larry for a beautiful service! It was simple, serene and intimate --everything we hoped for. Thanks again, Sonia D.
- March 01, 2012 Hello Anya, Thank you so much for helping me out. I really appreciate it. A very big thank you to you and Ashes on the Sea... The whole experience was a good one. The boat, captain and crew were wonderful. They treated us so well and the experience was more than I had hoped for. We saw a whale right after the ceremony and that made me feel better about our loss. The seagulls, pelicans and sea lions were with us as well. I have recommended your service to all that ask. Thank you again! Kind Regards, Anne Kallstrom
- December 05, 2011 Dear Ken: On behalf of the family of Antonio Perez & myself, we want to thank you for a caring and beautiful experience when the remains were scattered November 26, 2011. It could not have been scripted any better. Keep up the great work! PS: I wonder where those flowers that were scattered are today??
- October 28, 2011 Thank you for the lovely basket you put together for Liz's ashes & for making such an effort to find the exact spot we scattered Dustin's. We appreciate the patience as we floundered without a specific plan.
- August 10, 2011 Dear Crystal, My friend LeighAnn sent me, in last night mail, the memorial certificate. Your care moved me. You proved that good people are still with us. It was act of deep decency and love for another human being. May your life is prosperous living in happiness and love. Your act bury itself into my heart for the rest of my life. Thank you! Sincerely George Kabourek
- June 02, 2011 Hello Anya & Ken, Thank you so much for the wonderful help you provided our family. Everything was perfect and we so much appreciate the service you provided. Again, thank you, Earle & Jody
Earle & Jody
- February 26, 2006 Ken & Anya, My family thanks you so very much for your help with the scattering of my husband's ashes off Coronado on Feb 26th. We had about 40 people on shore - and I was pleased that the boat was so easy to see. You both made a difficult time easier for me and my family. Thank you again for caring. S. O.
- March 05, 2005 Thank you for the very professional way in which you conducted the dispersal of my mother's remains. Sincerely, [name withheld]
- October 09, 2004 Dear Ken and Anya, Thank you so much for your care and professionalism, and attention to detail in the planning of my Dad's memorial service. Your kindness made it easier for my family to carry out my father's wishes. Sincerely, Cynthia Delery
- February 03, 2003 Your service was a blessing to me and the Everson family. Terry O. Bethea.
Terry O. Bethea
- August 10, 2002 Dear Ken and Anya, I just wanted to thank you for last Monday. You both were extremely kind and understanding of what my family and I were going through. It is nice to know that as tragic as our loss was (and is), our parents and our daughter are together. Thank you again. Chuck Walker and Family
Chuck Walker and Family
- June 15, 2001 "You made a very sad occasion somehow a beautiful one. A very competent and compassionate job - well done."
- April 10, 2001 Dear Ken & Anya, Thanks once again for making my Dad's service so special. Your attention to detail and kind, caring manner made a difficult time a little easier. Gratefully yours, Susan Rodriguez
- December 01, 2000 Dear Ken and Anya, I want to thank you again for all your help and kindness in the scattering of my husband's ashes. It was a very nice tribute to a wonderful husband and father. It was very hard for me to do this, but that was his wish and I promised to do that one last thing for him... The pictures you put on the Internet are very good. I am going to put them on a disc so that I may have them printed and put in my memory album. Thank you again for all you did for us. I would and will recommend you to anyone that is interested in your services. . . I can’t think of anything that you could do to provide better service. You were very helpful and respected our every wish. Thank you so much for providing a very beautiful farewell for my husband’s last wishes." Sincerely, Myrtle Wilson
- July 01, 1999 “My family and I want you to know how much we appreciate the care and attention you took when scattering my husband's ashes. We were very pleased with the way everything was handled... I just want you to know how much the memorial certificate you gave me means to me.”